The DVLP held it’s first “Celebration Supper” on 16th September 2016 at our offices in Elsecar Heritage Centre. 35 people were packed into a very warm room for a fun, informal and relaxed evening. We had the DVLP quiz (which brought out the competitive spirit) followed by an overview from Richard King on what the DVLP has achieved in its first two years and what is left to do. There were then 2 minute presentations from:
- John Newton: the DVLP reptile and amphibian survey
- Sue Haywood: Dearne Valley Ramblers
- Derek Whiteley: Sorby Invertebrate Group / Sorby Mammal Group – Collaborating with the DVLP
- Giles Brearley: Restoration of the Glassby Arch
- Cat Copley: Creative Recovery / Wombwell Woods Weekend
There was then pie and peas, drinks and chatting. As hoped it provided a great chance for people involved in DVLP projects to get a sense of the range of work we are doing. It also provided a great networking opportunity with people able to learn about each other and chat in a relaxed setting.
We’ve had lots of positive feedback and plans are underway for the next get together sometime in December. Subscribe to our newsletter to find out details first and if you’d like to make a two minute presentation then please let us know.